In July 2023, PTCB began sending renewal reminders via text message to renewal candidates. In addition to emailed reminders, this is another method of communication to notify you of your renewal deadline.
When you are due to renew your certification, you can expect to receive three (3) text message reminders* to your mobile/cell phone number on file. Look for them around the following times:
- The week your application submission window opens (60 days before your certification expiration date).
- The week before your application deadline (approximately 31 days before your certification expiration date).
- About two weeks before your certification expiration date.
*Once you submit your application for renewal, you will no longer receive reminder messages for the renewal cycle.
To verify or update the mobile phone number associated with your PTCB Account, log in and go to the side menu. Then, go to Manage Account > Update Your Profile.
Scroll down and review the number listed under CELL. Update the number if it is outdated.
Then click the Continue button at the bottom of the page and complete the update process.
To stop receiving text messages, reply with the word STOP to any text message you’ve received from PTCB.
Q: I stopped receiving text messages, but want to start receiving them again.
To start receiving text messages again after you previously requested to stop, text START to 202-888-1602.
If you have not received a text message reminder from PTCB, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You are not due to renew your certification yet. PTCB rolled out text message renewal reminders starting for CPhTs expiring in August 2023.
- You do not have a mobile phone number on file. Follow these steps.
- Your mobile phone number on file is outdated. Follow these steps.
Please check your PTCB Account to be sure your mobile phone number on file is current. If you have not opted out of receiving text messages, you can expect to start receiving text message reminders around your application window opening date, 60 days before your certification expiration.
If you have any other questions about text message reminders, submit a Help Request.