If your recertification or reinstatement application was returned, PTCB's review of your application identified that your application did not fulfill PTCB's CE requirements.
In order to correct your application and continue with the renewal process, you must re-submit your application with documentation showing all required CE activities were completed within your last recertification cycle, along with a $10 re-processing fee within 30 days of the return of your application.
Common Reasons for Application Return:
- The required 20 hours of continuing education (CE) were not completed.
- All 20 CE hours were not completed within the date range of the recertification cycle.
- The required 1 hour of pharmacy law-specific CE was not completed or actually in the subject of pharmacy law.
- The required 1 hour of patient safety-specific CE was not completed or actually in the subject of patient safety.
- The CE activity is not pharmacy technician-specific (Note: PTCB does not accept pharmacist-specific (P-specific) CE.
- The CE activity title was not listed completely or was listed inaccurately.
- The CE provider name was not listed completely or was listed inaccurately.
Pharmacy Technician-specific Subject Matter
CPhTs must satisfy CE requirements in pharmacy technician-specific subject matter. In order to qualify as pharmacy technician-specific, a CE activity’s learning objectives must assess or align with pharmacy technician practice as outlined in PTCB’s Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination Content Outline.
CE Completed from ACPE-Accredited CE Providers
CE activities from ACPE-accredited providers will have an ACPE Universal Activity Number (also known as an ACPE UAN, or simply as an ACPE number). ACPE UANs will appear in the following format: 0197-0000-17-001-L05-T. ACPE UANs contain target audience and topic designators.
Examples: The T in ACPE UAN 0197-0000-17-001-L05-T designates the target audience of the CE activity as pharmacy technician-specific. The 05 designates the CE activity as patient safety-specific. The 03 in 0197-0000-17-001-L03-T designates the CE activity as pharmacy law-specific.
ACPE UAN Topic Designators
- 01: Drug Therapy Related
- 02: AIDS Therapy Related
- 03: Pharmacy Law Topics
- 04: General Pharmacy Topics
- 05: Patient Safety
- 06: Immunizations
- 07: Compounding
- If you have confirmed you have met of all CE requirements within your last recertification cycle and have documentation to prove that, then you are eligible to re-submit your returned application within 30 days of your application return date through your PTCB Account with documentation (certificates of completion/statements of credit) that include your name, program title, completion date, CE provider name, and number of hours awarded. PTCB will review the documentation for compliance with CE requirements, including completion within your last recertification cycle.
- If the documentation is verified to show all CE requirements were met, your application will be approved and your certification status will remain active with the certification expiration date in effect from when your application was submitted and accepted.
- If the documentation is verified to show insufficient or non-compliant CE activities completed within your recertification cycle, your application does not meet requirements. Reinstatement will be required within one year of your last certification expiration date to regain an active certification.
- If you have confirmed you have NOT met all CE requirements within your last recertification cycle, then you are not eligible to re-submit your recertification application. Reinstatement is required.
- If you are within 30 days from the original return of your recertification application and cannot provide documentation showing completion all required CE hours within your recertification cycle, you may request to reinstate through your PTCB Account, then submit an application for reinstatement.
CE Requirements for CPhT Reinstatement:
- 20 pharmacy technician-specific (T-specific) CE hours:
Requesting to Reinstate:
To request to reinstate sooner then the end of your 30-day returned renewal application resubmission period, log into your PTCB Account and click the link in the blue alert box at the top of your account homepage:
Review the information PTCB has verified via CPE Monitor, if any. Click the Request to Reinstate button to continue:
Select the “Yes, I want to submit a reinstatement request.” option from the drop-down menu. Click the Continue button to continue:
Once your request is submitted, a confirmation message will show. Please allow 5-10 minutes for your account to be updated to show the reinstatement application link. We recommend you log out then back into your account.
After your account has been updated, the link to apply for reinstatement will show on your account homepage, under Manage My CPhT Certification:
The application link will remain active on your account homepage until your reinstatement eligibility ends, one year following your last certification expiration.