If your recertification or reinstatement application was returned, PTCB's review of your application identified that your application did not fulfill PTCB's CE requirements.
In order to correct your application and continue with the renewal process, you must resubmit your application with the required updates and provide a $10 re-processing fee.
Below are some common reasons for application returns:
- The CE program was completed on or after January 1, 2015 and is not pharmacy technician-specific
- The CE program's title was not listed completely or was listed inaccurately
- The CE program's provider name was not listed completely or was listed inaccurately
- The required one hour of pharmacy law-specific CE was not actually in the subject of pharmacy law
- The required one hour of patient safety-specific CE was not actually in the subject of patient safety
For CE programs that are ACPE accredited, the CE program will have a ACPE Universal Activity Number (also known as an ACPE UAN, or simply as a ACPE number). An ACPE number will appear in the following format: 0422-0000-14-301-H03-T.
For example: the 03 in 0422-0000-14-301-H03-T designates this CE program as pharmacy law-specific.
01 = Drug Therapy Related
02 = AIDS Therapy Related
03 = Pharmacy Law Topics
04 = General Pharmacy Topics
05 = Patient Safety
Certificants must satisfy CE requirements in pharmacy technician-specific subject matter. In order to qualify as pharmacy technician-specific, a CE program's objectives must assess or sustain the competency critical to pharmacy technician practice stated in PTCB’s Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination Blueprint.
For CE programs that are ACPE accredited, the ACPE number indicates if the CE program is technician-specific.