How do I apply for VA education benefits?

Please note: You must contact the Department of Veterans Affairs directly for any reimbursement matter related to your status as a US veteran. PTCB does not issue reimbursements.

  • Apply for benefits, along with your request for payment for an exam.
  • Complete VA Form 22-0803 (Application for Reimbursement of Licensing or Certification Test) on the VA website. You need to provide the following information:
      • The request for reimbursement
      • Your name and Social Security number or VA claim number
      • The name of exam you took and the date you took it
      • Name and address of the organization issuing the certification (not where you took the exam)
      • The cost of the exam and the receipt of the exam
    • If you have questions, call 1-888-442-4551.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request