Certification candidates must ensure their name listed within their PTCB Accounts matches the name shown on their identification. Name discrepancies may result in denied entry into the test center or online proctored exam sessions, along with the forfeiture of application fees. For more information, see the Candidate Guidebook.
To submit a name change request:
- Log into your PTCB Account.
- Once logged in, click the 'Update Your Profile' link under Profile Management.
- Enter the requested information and upload name change documentation.
When selecting the requested name change type:
- If you are not yet certified, but authorized to schedule and take an exam, choose the "Certification Candidate" option.
- If you are have an active certification status or you are applying for reinstatement, choose the "Active CPhT or Expired Certificant" option.
- Click the 'Continue' button to submit your request.
Name change requests typically take 10 business days to be processed. You will be notified by email once your name is updated.