To apply for CPhT Certification:
- Visit PTCB.org
- Enter your login information. Click the Login button.
- Once logged in, click the 'Apply for CPhT Certification' link under the Manage My CPhT Certification section.
- Review and agree to the Candidate Agreement.
- Select your eligibility pathway.
- Enter your education or work experience information.
- Select if you do or do not require a determination of your eligibility based on any criminal history or action taken by a government agency or other authority.
- Select if you do or do not require testing accommodations.
- Provide your electronic signature by typing your name.
- Select if you are or are not sponsored by your employer or education institution. If you are sponsored, enter the requested information.
- Review the Initial Certification Application Summary.
- If you are not sponsored by your employer or education institution, enter payment information.
- Review the order summary and submit payment.
- Once your application has been submitted, a confirmation page will be displayed.
Applications are typically processed instantly if all eligibility requirements are met.
Candidates requesting testing accommodations or requiring a determination of eligibility based on any criminal history or action taken by a government agency or other authority or are typically processed within three to four weeks, once documentation is received. If additional information in required, notification will be sent to you by email.
Once your application has been approved, you will be sent an email confirming your 90-day authorization period to schedule and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE).