To obtain the CPhT-Adv certification, PTCB will require candidates to hold an active PTCB CPhT certification, have at least 3 years of work experience as a CPhT, and complete at least four certificate programs (including either Technician Product Verification or Medication History):
- Technician Product Verification (Tech-Check-Tech) - available now
- Medication History - available now
- Hazardous Drug Management - available by mid-2020
- Billing and Reimbursement - available by mid-2020
- Controlled Substances Diversion Prevention - available by late 2020
- Immunization - available by late 2020
The CSPT certification is counted toward the prerequisite completion of four certificate programs.
PTCB will not provide CPhT-Adv certification to candidates without the candidate first meeting the above eligibility requirements. Having an extensive certification history alone does not supersede the CPhT-Adv eligibility requirements.