To obtain the CPhT-Adv™ certification, PTCB requires candidates to:
- hold an active PTCB CPhT certification
- have at least three (3) years of work experience as a CPhT within the past 8 years, and
- at least four PTCB Assessment-Based Certificate Programs, or three Certificate Programs and the Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician® (CSPT®) Certification.
- Billing and Reimbursement Certificate
- Controlled Substances Diversion Prevention Certificate
- Hazardous Drug Management Certificate
- Immunization Administration Certificate
- Medication History Certificate
- Medication Therapy Management Certificate
- Nonsterile Compounding Certificate
- Point-of-Care Testing Certificate
- Regulatory Compliance Certificate
- Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- Technician Product Verification Certificate
PTCB will not provide CPhT-Adv certification to candidates without the candidate first meeting the above eligibility requirements. Having an extensive certification history alone does not supersede the CPhT-Adv eligibility requirements.