If you are applying for CPhT certification and have completed work experience from an employer that is not listed within PTCB's records, please these follow the instructions:
1. Ensure you have selected "Pathway B - Completion of 500 hours of pharmacy technician work experience and supplemental preparation activities" on the Eligibility Qualifications page of the application. Click the orange Continue button:
2. Click the gray Add Work Experience button:
3. Enter the complete name of the employer (company/organization) and wait a few seconds.
Do NOT hit the Enter/Return key. DO NOT enter 'Other' as the employer name.
If your employer is not listed:
- Be sure to verify that the employer isn’t listed before selecting 'Other' by clicking the 'Click here to determine if your employer is listed' link on the page:
- Do NOT type 'Other' as the Employer name. Only enter the complete name of the employer.
- If the employer is NOT listed in the drop-down menu, select 'Other':
4. After selecting 'Other' from the drop-down menu below the name of the employer you entered, enter your work experience information:
5. Click the orange Save button:
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 if additional work experiences need to be entered.
7. After all work experiences have been added, click the orange Continue button:
You should then be able to continue to complete and submit your CPhT application. If you continue to experience difficulties, submit a help request.