If you cannot provide documentation showing all CE requirements were met within your recertification cycle, you will need to apply for reinstatement.
You are eligible to apply for reinstatement within one year of your certification expiration date.
- Do NOT re-submit your recertification application with documentation of new CE hours completed after your certification expiration date – your application will be returned again for non-compliance.
- If you are within 30 days of the return of your recertification application and cannot provide documentation showing completion of all required CE hours within your recertification cycle, you may request to reinstate through your PTCB Account, and then submit application for reinstatement.
Requesting to Reinstate:
To apply for reinstatement, log into your PTCB Account and click the link in the blue alert box at the top of your account homepage:
Review the information PTCB has verified via CPE Monitor, if any. Click the Request to Reinstate button to continue:
Once your request is submitted, a confirmation message will show. Please allow 5-10 minutes for your account to be updated to show the reinstatement application link. We recommend logging out of your account, waiting a few minutes, and then logging back in.
After your account has been updated, the link to apply for reinstatement will show on your account homepage under Manage My CPhT Certification:
The reinstatement application link will remain active on your account homepage until your reinstatement eligibility ends, one year following your last certification expiration.
- Why was my CPhT renewal application returned? What do I need to do?
- My application was approved some time ago, but has now been returned. Why?
- How do I know if a CE activity is pharmacy technician-specific?
- How do I know if a CE activity covers patient safety?
- How do I know if a CE activity covers pharmacy law?