Assessment-Based Certificate Exams are available to take online. The Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam® (PTCE®) and CSPT® Exam are not available to take online. To apply for and schedule an Assessment-Based Certificate Exam online:
- Log into your PTCB Account and submit an application under Earn Credentials.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive an email confirming your 90-day authorization period to schedule and take your exam.
- Perform the system test to verify your computer is compatible with the online testing software and that your internet connection is sufficient. As part of the system test, you'll need a mobile phone handy to take photos of yourself in the room you will take the exam, the room, and your ID. A link is available on the PTCB OnVUE page:
- After successfully completing the system test, schedule your exam appointment from your PTCB Account. Then click the exam link under "Pre-approved Exams."
- When scheduling, select the “OnVUE Online at my home or office” option when prompted Where do you want to take your exam?
To start an online proctored Assessment-Based Certificate Exam:
- Check-in starts 30 minutes before your scheduled exam time, click the "Check in to start exam" link in your Pearson VUE exam appointment confirmation email OR log into your PTCB Account, then click “My Scheduled Exam.”
- Click your scheduled exam under “Open Online Exams.”
- Click “Begin Exam” and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the check-in process.
- Once you have completed the check-in process, you can begin your online proctored exam.