I completed a pharmacy degree. Can it be used in place of completing a PTCB-Recognized Education/Training Program?

PTCB conducts evaluations of pharmacy degrees completed in lieu of a PTCB-Recognized Education/Training Program.

Pharmacy degree holders who wish to apply for CPhT certification must provide one of the following for verification:

  • US or foreign Pharmacy degree
  • US or foreign Certificate of Graduation
  • General Evaluation Report from a foreign credential evaluator (e.g., ECE, Scholaro)

Next steps:

If you are interested in CPhT certification and have completed a pharmacy degree, submit a request including a copy of one of the documents listed above. Your education will then be verified and a final decision regarding your eligibility will be provided to you within approximately 2 weeks.

Additionally, if you reside outside of the US, you must provide documentation showing you meet one of the following requirements:

  1. Are a currently certified PTCB CPhT in good standing;
  2. Are employed by a healthcare institution that is headquartered in the US;
  3. The CPhT credential is required of or officially recognized by the government regulator for pharmacy practice in the jurisdiction; or
  4. Have the ability (i.e., legal and fiscal) to relocate to the US to work and have imminent plans to do so. Learn more about PTCB requirements.

Need more help?

If you need additional assistance after reviewing the information above, please submit a help request or contact us by phone at 800-363-8012. Our Customer Service team is available Monday through Friday, 9am to 9pm ET and Saturdays, 11:30am to 4pm ET.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request