Here's an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
You may obtain a PTCE Practice Exam within your PTCB Account.
- Log into your PTCB Account and scroll down to “Prepare.”
- Select “Purchase a Practice Exam,” read the entirety of the PTCE Practice Exam Agreement, check the box that you “Agree to the Candidate Agreement,” and click “Continue.”
- Select “Yes” to indicate that your employer or educator is paying for your PTCE Practice Exam. This will populate a drop down menu where you should select your employer or educator from the provided list.
- Type the Voucher Number provided by your employer or educator in the text box and select “Continue.”. NOTE: Only vouchers created for the PTCE Practice Exam will work in this section.
- Read the “Certification Application - Sponsor Terms and Conditions” before checking the box to agree and selecting “Continue.”
- Review your Practice Exam Application information, then select “Complete.”
- Your purchase of a PTCE Practice Exam with Sponsorship has been submitted.
- Return to “My Dashboard” and scroll down to “Prepare.” You should now see a link: “My Purchased Practice Exam.” This confirms your PTCE practice exam has been successfully purchased.
- Clicking on “My Purchased Practice Exam” link will redirect you to the Pearson VUE Portal where you can take the PTCE Practice Exam. To navigate back to the PTCB Portal, click the back button on your browser twice.
1. Open PTCB.org and click "Login"
2. Type your PTCB Username here
3. Type your PTCB Password here
4. Click "Login"
5. Scroll down to "Prepare"
6. Click "Purchase a Practice Exam"
7. Read the entirety of the "PTCE Practice Exam Agreement"
8. Check the box to "Agree to the Candidate Agreement"
9. Click "Continue"
10. You will be asked if you educator/employer will be paying for the practice exam fee [NOTE: For the purposes of this tutorial, we will be selecting a sponsor]
11. Select "Yes" [Note: Your employer or educator is paying for your practice exam fee]
12. Click here to open the drop down menu
13. Select your educator or employer from the drop down menu
14. Type the "Voucher Number" that was provided by your employer or educator here [Note: ONLY vouchers for the PTCE Practice Exam will work here]
15. Click "Continue"
16. Read the entirety of the "Certification Application - Sponsor Terms and Conditions"
17. Check that you "Agree to the Terms and Conditions"
18. Click "Continue"
19. Review your Practice Exam Application
20. Click "Complete"
21. Your Application for the PTCE Practice Exam with Sponsorship have been submitted
22. Click "My Dashboard" to return to the homepage
23. Scroll down to "Prepare" [Note: To verify your practice exam application has been submitted, you should now see the link "My Purchased Practice Exam"]
24. Click "My Purchased Practice Exam"
25. You have been redirected to the PearsonVue Practice Exam Portal [Note: Your sponsored practice exam is viewable under "Pre-Approved Exams"]
26. To exit the PearsonVue portal, click the back button on your browser twice to return to the PTCB Dashboard
27. Once you have returned to PTCB.org, click here to logout
28. Click "Logout"