Renewing your CPhT Certification
Answers to frequently asked questions about the CPhT Certification renewal process
- What do I need to know about continuing education (CE)?
- How do I know if a CE activity covers pharmacy technician subject matter?
- How do I know if a CE activity covers pharmacy law?
- How do I know if a CE activity covers patient safety?
- What CE activities does PTCB recommend?
- Can I resubmit the same CE activities that I used with my returned renewal application when applying for reinstatement?
- I had an emergency that prevented me from renewing on time, and now I’m being told I need to take the exam again because it’s been more than a year since my certification expired. Would PTCB allow me to reinstate without taking the exam?
- Why was my CPhT renewal application returned? What do I need to do next?
- My renewal application was returned. Can I still complete the required CEs?
- My application was approved some time ago, but has now been returned. Why?
- I renewed months ago and I have a certificate showing my certification is active. Now I’m being told my certification has expired. What happened?
- Why are you asking me to reinstate when I’ve just corrected my renewal application and paid the $10 reprocessing fee?