Education/Training Program Recognition
Answers to frequently asked questions about PTCB's Education/Training Program Recognition programs
- How are PTCB-recognized education/training programs different from accredited programs?
- Is there a required level of education for program instructors starting with changes going into effect in 2020?
- Is there a minimum number of hours required for program recognition?
- What kind of curriculum and/or resources does PTCB provide educators?
- Are accredited programs recognized for CPhT?
- Our program would like to become a PTCB-Recognized Education/Training Program for the Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) Program? How do I apply?
- My program does not meet PTCB standards for becoming a recognized training program. Is there anything I can do so that my students can become PTCB certified?
- We have multiple campuses. How do I submit my program recognition attestation?
- How is this different from the former 2020 accredited education initiative that was suspended in 2017?
- What’s the difference between recognized education/training programs for the CPhT Program and for the CSPT® Program?
- How does my education/training program become a recognized program for the CSPT® Program?
- What is involved in the work experience requirement? How long do technicians need to work and where? Does work as a trainee count?
- Can my international pharmacy technician training program be a PTCB-Recognized Education/Training Program?